Our enrollment season is December through the beginning of February for the following school year. Our enrollment process mirrors our commitment to parent education. It is our intention that a visit to our school will inform parents and provide assistance in choosing the right school for their children.
We continue accepting applications throughout the year Parents interested in joining this vibrant community of learners should contact our admissions team, email@example.com.
We currently have openings in our Fall 2018-19 prekindergarten (ages 4 through 5) class.
The Application Process
Applications are submitted online, along with a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $60 ($45 each when applying for twins). Applications submitted without the fee will not be considered.
Please note that while our initial admissions decisions are made in early February, we continue to accept applications and fill any openings.
If you have applied to the school for a previous year and would like to be considered active in the waiting pool, please contact our Admissions team directly and submit another application. You will not pay a second application fee.
Children must meet the following age requirements to enroll: 2 years old before September 1st for the Bugs (2s/3s) class, 3 years old before September 1st for the Leaves (3s/4s) class, and 4 years old before September 1st for the Tracks (4s/5s) class. Parents and/or legal guardians must be able to co-op in their children's class, work on a committee to support the school, and attend monthly meetings.
See details on class schedules and tuition rates <here>.
The Cooperative School doesn't admit students on a first-come, first-served basis. Rather, in making admissions decisions, we are dedicated to
- sustaining our School’s parent-participatory model and mission,
- Parents or legal guardians must co-op (serve as trained volunteers in their child's classroom scheduled on a weekly or bi-weekly basis).
- Parents or legal guardians must serve an administrative role at the school.
- creating class rosters that are balanced in terms of age and gender and reflect our diverse community.
- Children must be the age of the class they intend to join by September 1st of the school year.
- Deadlines for complete applications and deposits are firm. Applications and deposits received after the 3pm cut-off cannot be considered. This important detail is a feature of our admissions process because it ensures that every applicant has an opportunity to participate.
The Cooperative School welcomes families of all races, colors, religions, and national and ethnic origins without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
What it Means to be a Member
We are interested in how your family will help continue the school's legacy inside the classroom, on a committee, or serving on the board of directors. Please review What it Means to be a Member before filling out your application.