After observing our sharing stones routine, a question was posed to me by an adult, “What are the children who don’t get called supposed to do? Be disappointed?” The answer, friends, is yes.read more
Growing Together: For more than 60 years, The Cooperative School has stood by its original mission—to build a nurturing educational community. At our school, generations of children, parents, and teachers have taken their first steps in learning together.
Social networking and trying out new ideas!
Guest post at Learning for Life! No such thing as bad weather with a shout out to Amy Beam and Martin Besford at Highway Farm Activity Centre! Find the whole post here…http://nosuchthingasbadweather.blogspot.com/2014/08/outdoor-play-party-guest-post-5.htmlread more
Breathe out, Breathe in. Getting the school ready for children.
Two weeks before school begins and the rooms really could not be emptier. The school is a shell. Its heart, the children, have fluttered off, to beat, beat elsewhere and without them the structure and grounds only hint at what they will become once the school year begins again. The lights have been mostly off [...]read more
- 8/5/14 - Planned Serendipity, A Discussion About “Child-led Curriculum”
- 8/2/14 - Feature Story @Natural Start Alliance (From Us!)
- 7/27/14 - Sharing Play Histories Begins the Conversation for a New Day of Play
- 7/22/14 - Confessions of a Playground Bench Sitter
- 7/14/14 - The Play Arc of Fort Rad and the Nature Den